Friday, September 25, 2026

The Castle is Familiar

The castle is familiar but wasn’t my home

The farm is familiar but I no longer own

The job is now mastered but I cannot go back

The city is known but was used for its gain

The rivers are home but the world has been changed

The ocean was promising I just wet my feet

The desert is home but the network is gone

The RV was home but there was no fuel to go

The hot springs were healing now surrounded by crime

The paths were for hiking but drought burnt them up

The draw bridges raise up eventually

The moat keeps us out or in if it must

Home’s where you make it again and again

That’s just how it is even though it’s not just

There are no more castles, there is only us.

-Kelly Write Away


No comments:

Post a Comment