Friday, December 22, 2017

Worth all the Trouble

The year I forgot to record in my mind
The year I fussed over a calendar's pace
Omitting the year it represented in haste
The year I took out of my life as a whole
To rectify relationships with family inside
An envelope kept in the drawer of a lifetime
Saved to address and read between unwritten lines

I'll take all the time I need to be here
Relaxed and to linger and not rush away
Nor to be herded in branded old pens
I will ride round the range
Interacting  like twins

One of me holding space anchored at bay
One of me caring and serving today
Making up for lost yesterdays long
Year upon year chasing scripts to platteau
Ever just climbing and tidying loose ends

Now I have reached it
The mesa, the view
The place overlooked is home
Rarely so visited never to stay as long
As loved ones require to
Feel I was worth all the trouble to tire.

-Kelly Voelker

No comments:

Post a Comment