Saturday, July 21, 2018

Poetic Ambition



I woke up from a troubling night
Unwanted rhythms and unwanted senses
Insisted on telling me things which were extra
Nothing I needed to know or act on
Just a jazz jumble all the way to dawn.

This morning I decided to wake up from this fog
Looking at sunrise from the couch lit me up
Wanting to create and make herbal salve
Wanting to eat a big breakfast out in public
Being with neighbors and whomever is there
Sharing a moment of soul food and care

Now as a poet and psychic in One
I want a small practice to occupy and run
A storefront open to heal much of what
Torments and hinders those who would want
Freedom and peacefulness not obstacles
Hidden and posing as "should" and "should of's"

I want to be as important and seen as a
Lawyer or accountant or hairstylist place
Offering deep seeded answers today
With no tools needed just grace and a chair
Who would be bold and who would turn cheek
At such a pure calling to help others on the street?

-Kelly Voelker

No comments:

Post a Comment