Friday, January 4, 2019

Treading Time

Treading water seems to imply walking on it.
I'm treading time
Many days I feel I have already dialed it
Forward and back
But this time, this place I'm treading
Must be important
A chapter that is not understood
A few words not noticed
My character's entire reason
For being part of the plot
Instead of just mentioned by name
The scenery keeps changing
But I'm still here marking the days
Treading the time
No one can guess the outcome
They soldier on as if they know
Their images seem to sharpen with age
As mine fades ever more quickly
Maybe it is tiring to keep turning back the wheel
Of a vessel which is being pulled hard the other way
Resistance only exists as my own pondering
Questions within questions
Where everything seems certain
Except for what I'm doing here.


No comments:

Post a Comment