Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Plain Truth

In my mind
Exists the intention
To take in beauty
To observe as
A simple intvention
Asking supreme design
For a crumb, a tid-bit
A pixel, a misfit
A signpost of truth
From designs to unwrap
Hidden in my mind
A treasure of moments
To pass on or amplify
Highlight or pacify
In my mind ideas
Like tumbled plain stones
Become more beautiful
When turned and polished
In my mind are treasures
I reach in to choose
What shall this day reveal
Which thought will thus pose?

-Kelly Voelker

plain - 1not decorated or elaborate; simple or ordinary in character.
             2.
(of a person) having no pretensions; not remarkable or special.
3.  clearly; unequivocally (used for emphasis).
           4.  a large area of flat land with few trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment