Monday, March 6, 2017

Black Mirror

On the crystalline shore
By daylight's focus
My mind plays at
Organizing sandcastles and
Orderly trenches to control
Liquid thought attempting
To control direction
Attempting to make the liquid
Flow towards my will

Under the mercurial moon
The weight of the oceans
In broad strokes and by the
Order of the cosmos
Timely tides perform their duty
Claiming the shores again
Erasing all the wasted thoughts
Erasing all the attempts at order
Refreshing all that trust invisible laws

Blanket my failed attempts to solve
The pointless puzzles of task and design
Soak apart my ability to control
Remind me to gaze upon the divine
Reflections of the blank edge of
Endless emotions and thoughts

It wasn't right that time or the next
It only will be correct at the very moment
The Earth and Moon know
When the shy light shows only
What is necessary
Masking the drama of life and nature
So only the perfection of timeless
Ages is before me
Like a sunset or sunrise
The tides correct and soothe
The pointless toiling of thought

Merit not from details scrolled
On a canvas of shifting sand
Gain from basking in the
Plasma moving 'round me
Under the black mirror of
Mystery and depths unrealized
Kept for another day
As a treasure under the sea.

-Kelly Voelker

No comments:

Post a Comment