Wednesday, April 10, 2019

I've Become an Equation

Kaleidoscope changes of the familiar
Projecting themselves to the perimeter
Of what one believes to be fake
Beholden then later as a beautiful mosaic
With light shown through images
All different I think
Unimaginable changes I lived like a champ
Now indivisible through fog and now damp
Breaking connections then up from the deep
An intelligence finds me from the bottom of the heap
How did it make it from the cutting room floor?
Why the connection? To settle a score?
I've changed and I've tumbled
Now different in scope
Others remain as they bob in the sea
As if time shifts around them and
They could not change
If Heaven and Earth can't
Then who the hell can?
To maintain identity all of that time
Would exhaust me to boredom
More quickly I'd climb
To get out of, get rid of routine
I've become an equation
Not a prime number same.

-Kelly Voelker

equation - A written representation of a chemical reaction, in which the symbols and amounts of the reactants are separated from those of the products by an equal sign, arrow, or a set of opposing arrows. 

prime number - prime number is a whole number greater than 1 whose only factors are 1 and itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment